I always get high praise for these Razz-Ma-Tazz bars though. They are really good if you like almond and raspberry. Even though I took this recipe straight from Nestle, I use Ghirardelli white chips. For those who need gluten free products, Ghirardelli is a great brand to chose. When I make these I usually do it in a cookie sheet and triple the recipe.
Author: from average.ninja
Recipe type: Dessert Bar
Adapted from "Nestle Collection", also on https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/105108/razz-ma-tazz-bars/
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup white chips
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chips (those remaining in the bag)
- ½ cup raspberry or blackberry jam (seedless if you want)
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds (or as much as you want)
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Grease and flour (or sugar) 9x9 baking dish
- Melt butter in saucepan or in microwave (in a microwave safe bowl)
- Add first cup of white chips to butter and let sit for a couple minutes. You want the chips to melt in the butter so after a few minutes I'll stir it a little to see if it has. Sometimes I need to add more heat so they all melt.
- Beat eggs until they lighten in color.
- Add sugar and mix again til slightly foamy, a few minutes.
- Stir in butter-white chip mix.
- Add flour, salt and almond extract and mix until well combined.
- Carefully spread ⅔ of the mixture into bottom of pan. You want to try and spread it as evenly as possible, filling in the bottom. While it will melt and spread a little in the oven, it won't spread that much.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the edges turn a light brown.
- Heat jam in microwave to make it spreadable, 30-50 seconds. (Sometimes I have to repeat this a couple times)
- Spread jam over warm bottom crust.
- Stir the rest of the white chips into the remaining batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Cool and cut.