So my previous post about Blackened Cajun Chicken with the Fettuccine Alfredo needs the Cajun Seasoning listed. Don’t stop there, this mix can be used for all things Cajun!
I use this in my Gumbo.
I use this on shrimp to make Cajun Lettuce Wraps. (Oh yeah! A little of this on raw shrimp, drop them onto a hot skillet, and cook until the shrimp just barely looses that translucent, or clear, bit in the center. Wrap in lettuce. Eat. Simple and delicious.)
Sometimes I just put a little on whatever needs a creole kick in the pants.
And it makes a lot, but a little goes a long way. And it stores well for several months in a tightly sealed jar or freezer bag. So what are you waiting for?? Go make some and enjoy it!
Recipe type: seasoning
Cajun spice mix, a little goes a long way.
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablspoons paprika
- 1½ Tablespoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- put all spices into a zip top freezer bag and combine well.